What is included in our prices?
- Our fully self-sufficient festival kitchen or our vintage street food cart on site dressed in their finest
- Styling of our banquet / street food cart, including flowers if required.
- A rustic menu board if required.
- 2-3 hours service time (can be extended upon request)
- Environmentally friendly disposable plates, cutlery & napkins. For a more rustic feel, palm leaf plates or banana leaf are available for an additional cost. We are happy to use any crockery you may have.
- Rubbish removal if required.
Is there a minimum spend?
Our minimum spend Mon-Fri
May-Aug $1000 | $1500 from Sep - Apr
Our minimum spend Fri PM, Sat, and Sun
May-Aug $1500 | $2500 Sep-Apr
How do we book?
We require a 30% deposit upon booking. This deposit is fully refundable up to 6 weeks prior to your event. After this time the deposit is not refundable. The balance of payment, confirmation of total guest numbers and dietary requirements is required 10 days before your event.
Our advertised prices do not include GST.
Public holiday bookings attract a 15% surcharge which assures we can pay our staff award wages.
How do you manage Covid / and or extreme weather issues?
If a Government directive or natural disaster prevents your event from going ahead – we will do our best to amend your booking to your rescheduled day. If your event is cancelled up to 5 days prior due to Covid and is not likely to be rescheduled - we will be unable to refund you the deposit, due to staff & ingredient costs incurred. We will refund you any other funds paid. If your event falls in the during an extended lockdown and no ingredients have been purchased, we will fully refund you your deposit and any other payments that have been made.
What if Babajis has to cancel due to staff shortages / staff isolating?
We have a strong and resilient team and anticipate having the staff capacity to ensure we are available to cook at your event. Even if that means closing our restaurant to make sure we are there.
If we are unable to uphold our commitment, we will refund you 100% of any costs paid by you to us.
We will also actively help you find an alternative caterer.
We do not supply the following
- Drinks or alcohol, glass clearing or washing / bar service
- Setting up / packing down of guest tables
- Clearing of tables & washing of hired crockery / utensils
Where can I taste test your dishes?
Most of our dishes are served at our restaurant in Belgrave. We are open 6 days a week for lunch and dinner, closed on Wednesdays.
As we navigate staff shortages which are affecting our industry, please call ahead or check our socials to ensure we are open. We are located at 1/1644 Burwood Hwy, Belgrave.
Whilst you can get a feel for our food at our restaurant, it would be great to make a suitable time with our catering manager,
Billy to meet in person and share your vision. Billy can be reached on 0405 765 388.